In computing children will learn how to ‘code’. They will be taught to connect with one another through the contribution to blogs and other safe social media. As children progress they will be given the opportunity to communicate and work collaboratively through a variety of different devices and applications available on laptops and iPads.
The future will demand an ever increasing generation of computer literate students who will be able to demonstrate:
• Competence in coding for a variety of practical and inventive purposes, including the application of ideas within other subjects.
• The ability to connect with others safely and respectfully, understanding the need to act within the law and with moral and ethical integrity.
• An understanding of the connected nature of devices.
• The ability to communicate ideas well by using applications and devices throughout the curriculum.
• The ability to collect, organise and manipulate data effectively.
With the introduction of the National Curriculum 2014 the old subject of ICT has been updated to Computing.