At Cowlersley Primary School we have carefully mapped our curriculum to meet the needs of our children and to make sure they receive an excellent grounding in basic skills and the wider curriculum.
We use quality ongoing assessment to ensure that our children are appropriately challenged so they achieve well.
We also ensure that our pupils have the skills they need to be a successful member of our modern British Society learning about the following core values; Democracy, The rule of law, Individual liberty, Mutual respect, Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs.
We believe these aims will develop us spiritually, morally, socially and culturally, therefore helping to prepare us for the next challenges and opportunities in our lives.
Our School Aims are at the very heart of our curriculum and the reason why whenever our children participate they know they have every chance of succeeding.
Cowlersley Primary School Aims
In our school, everybody works constantly to develop a purposeful and quality environment, well ordered for work and free from unnecessary interruption. We believe this environment is necessary to create a broad and balanced curriculum where everybody has their best chance to:
· Achieve beyond their own expectations
· Be proud of our community, our school, our achievements and our peers
· Take part with the belief that we have every chance of success
· Develop a culture where children take appropriate risk, understanding this is how people learn, grow and achieve things they thought were too difficult
· Enable children to work together, in order to achieve more than we could on our own
Click Here to see our Curriculum Aims
Year 6 Planning Overview 2019/2020