As geographers our children will have:
• A good knowledge of where places are and what they are like.
• A good understanding of the ways in which places are interdependent and interconnected and how much human and physical environments are interrelated.
• A wide range of geographical knowledge and vocabulary.
• Fluency in geographical enquiry and the ability to apply questioning skills and use effective analytical and presentational techniques.
• The ability to reach clear conclusions and develop a reasoned argument to explain findings.
• Good levels of originality, imagination or creativity as shown in interpretations and representations of the subject matter.
• Well developed and frequently used fieldwork and other geographical skills and techniques.
• An interest in and commitment to the subject, and a real sense of curiosity to find out about the world and the people who live there.
• The ability to express well-balanced opinions, rooted in knowledge and understanding about current and contemporary issues in society and the environment.