Modern Foreign Languages
We aim to provide children with a practical application for language skills and try to promote creative use of French through simple stories, poems, songs and games. This is so our children learn:
• The confidence to speak with good intonation and pronunciation.
• Fluency in reading.
• Fluency and imagination in writing.
• A strong awareness of the culture of the countries where the language is spoken.
• A passion for languages and a commitment to the subject.
• The ability to use language creatively and spontaneously.
• An independence in their studies and the ability to draw upon a wide range of resources
French is our chosen modern foreign language and is introduced from Reception upwards. Pupils in KS2 are taught more formally.